Written on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 by Jessica
I was fussing with my new camera when I heard a slurping noise followed by, "Ahhhhh." Seth was drinking something. I didn't give him anything to drink. Upon investigation, I found that he'd managed to remove the cap from the Children's Motrin. (I don't pretend to think he's a child genius who can thwart child-proof caps. I think his parents are unfit and failed to tighten it properly. We also left it out on the counter where he could easily reach it by dragging a chair and climbing up.) Anyhow, he poured himself a shot using the measuring cup that comes with it and drank probably five times the recommended dose for a child his size.
As I was online, frantically looking up ibuprofen overdose to see if he was about to get his stomach pumped, Seth dragged another chair over to the coffee maker and poured a half-full pot of coffee everywhere.
The good news in all this? The coffee was cold and the amount of medicine he ingested required "at-home observation." Everything is fine. No trip to the hospital for stomach pumping required.