Mommy the Magnificent: Mind Reader Extraordinaire

4

Written on Monday, August 14, 2006 by Jessica

Once upon a time, in a life that seems far away, Seth had a plethora of ways to tell me he was hungry:

1. Attempt to devour his hand.
2. Root around the bosom of some unsuspecting (and mortified) thirteen-year-old girl who is holding him.
3. Smack his lips.
4. Try to latch onto air (my personal favorite).

Nowadays, I bet you can guess how Seth tells me he’s hungry. Yup, that’s right. He screams.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t necessarily have anything against screaming as a method of communication. The problem is that screaming can mean so many other things besides, “I’m hungry”:

1. I need to burp but can’t.
2. I need to poop but it seems to be stuck.
3. I need my diaper changed.
4. I’m hot.
5. I’m cold.
6. Daddy pinched me.
7. Daddy tossed me into the air and it scares me. (Okay, Seth never seems to mind being tossed into the air but it scares Mommy.)
8. I want someone to hold me.
9. I want my pacifier.

In any case, I'm starting to get used to dealing with trial and error every time he cries.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

4 Comments

  1. Unknown |

    Ah, poor babies. And yes, you ARE supposed to be reading his mind -- after all, you are MOMMY.

    My husband has also taken up baby-riling (as we call it -- time to rile up the baby!) as a hobby. Particularly when I'm trying to get him to sleep. Grrrrr.

     
  2. Valerie |

    So true!

    I still have trial and error with Kiera, but it's getting less frequent!

    Good luck! ;)

     
  3. Sherri Sanders |

    Daddy pinched me?? Poor little Seth!!

     
  4. Jessica |

    Okay, okay. Daddy never actually pinches Seth, but it's a convenient reason for his crying.

     

Post a Comment