Pity party

1

Written on Sunday, December 03, 2006 by Jessica

It's days like today, or rather middle-of-the-nights like tonight, when I feel like chucking breastfeeding. Been treating thrush now for five weeks. Baby shows no sign of it, but I still have an uncontrolled yeast overgrowth on my nipples. I'm sick of boiling toys, bottle nipples, and pacifiers. I'm tired of the endless pain and itching. I also have a plugged milk duct. Boo hoo. Poor me.

I'm thinking of starting Gentian violet. Having no luck with prescription Nystatin and fluconazole (Diflucan). No luck with a vinegar wash, either.

UPDATE (12/6/2006): Midwife prescribed All-Purpose Nipple Ointment (APNO). Started seeing good results in just three hours. Feeling much more hopeful.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous |

    ((((HUGS))))

    I hope things get better!

    Zoe.

     

Post a Comment