What I like about country music

2

Written on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 by Jessica

Country music is one of my favorite music genres. Here's why:

1. It has songs with titles like "I'm Goin' Thru the Big D and Don't Mean Dallas," "That Was Twenty Years and Two Husbands Ago," and "You're the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly."

2. It has groups with names like "The Tractors."

3. It has songs with lyrics like:

Well, I was drunk the day my mom got outta prison.
And I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got runned over by a damned old train.
What's not to love?

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous |

    Monkeyman likes Country Music, I never knew why until now, Thank you Jessica for enlightening me.

    ; )

    You cannot find such great lyrics anywhere else...

    Z.

     
  2. Unknown |

    That David Alan Cole song is my absolute favorite! I worked in a bar for a couple of months and every Friday and Saturday evenings (the only ones I worked) the band would do that song as one of the last ones. Love it!

     

Post a Comment