Grumpy old men

3

Written on Friday, July 13, 2007 by Jessica

I saw this article and thought of Calories (a.k.a. ....a little of this and that...) -- whose blog is now password protected, by the way. What's going on, Calories? You tryin to keep me and the other riffraff out? :)

Anyhoo, Calories was bummed out one day about cranky old people. This article claims they can't help it.

Grumpy old men may not be able to help it, as age could affect their sense of humour, scientists have found.

A study by Washington University in St Louis found older people find it harder to understand jokes than students.

The authors say the finding should be taken seriously as laughing has been linked to health benefits such as boosting circulation.
Yet another argument for sudoku to keep your mind sharp. (I'm in trouble. All those numbers in sudoku make me cringe.)

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

3 Comments

  1. Joanne |

    Now I'm intrigued by "Calories" blog, and her profile shows she doesn't have one!

    I ended up just writing out the thank you cards, signing from all of us and included a small picture of James that I doctored in Photoshop to say, "Thank you, *heart* Jamie" in kid looking writing.

     
  2. Jessica |

    Calories' blog is now by invitation only. I haven't received an invitation, so maybe I really am the riffraff she's trying to keep out. :) But I like to think it's because I don't have an email address posted on my profile.

     
  3. Joanne |

    Ha ha ha...I think it must be because of your celebrity blog status.

     

Post a Comment