Readers' Pick: Soylent Green

10

Written on Thursday, February 14, 2008 by Jessica

Your pick for a Valentine's movie? Why, Soylent Green, of course.

40% - Soylent Green
30% - French Kiss
30% - Notting Hill
0% - Beauty and the Beast
0% - It Happened One Night

Fancy bar chart.

Update: Spoiler alert. A couple of the comments reveal the Soylent secret (gasp!), so if you were planning to run right out and rent it for your "romantic" Valentine's movie tonight, don't read the comments. :) (Ha! as if it's available at your local movie place. The movie is older than I am, and as my sister would tell you, I'm ancient.)

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

10 Comments

  1. Anonymous |

    I have to admit that I voted twice! :( totally dishonest, but I would rather watch "soylent green" (don't eat it, its people!) than any other movie, except for "Logan's Run"..now, that was a cool movie...

    Z.

     
  2. Jessica |

    I don't understand it. I almost always set it up to allow one vote per person, but people keep voting multiple times.

    I think Logan's Run is pretty cool, too (or should I say "groovy").

     
  3. Teriana |

    I've seen a clip of the famous line in the movie. "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!" I never would have guessed from that, that it was a romantic movie. I thought you were being sarcastic. Like offering Rambo as a choice.

     
  4. Jessica |

    It was meant to be a sarcastic option. I guess I'm just not the master of sarcasm that you are. I have added quotation marks around "romantic" to (hopefully) make my meaning clearer.

     
  5. Teriana |

    So it's not a romantic movie? I see. Well, as I said, I've never seen it. I'm not ancient, after all. I would have gone with a movie that was clearly not romantic simply from the title, like "predator" or a documentary about child birth.

     
  6. Unknown |

    I've never even seen Soylent Green and I'm pretty old. :(

     
  7. Joanne |

    I tried to vote twice *lol* and it wouldn't let me.

     
  8. Anonymous |

    The following movies, ARE romantic movies:

    1. Rambo (all Rambo movies)
    2. Predator (all predator movies except for the 2nd one with Danny Glover)
    3. Alien (All of them)
    4. All Evil Dead movies

    Z.

     
  9. Teriana |

    I had no idea Stalone did so many romantic movies. All Rambo flicks are romantic? Why, that's like 39 movies.

     
  10. Sherri Sanders |

    I've never even heard of this movie. As for Stallone, ugh! Did he get old or what??

     

Post a Comment