Security questions

2

Written on Thursday, February 21, 2008 by Jessica

One time I couldn't remember my password to access my online account with my health insurance company. To retrieve my password, I had to answer a security question. "What was the make and model of your first car?"

Easy. Chevy Cavalier.

Wrong. Oh, wait. Must be "Chevrolet Cavalier."

Nope, still wrong. What the heck. Oh, many it's case sensitive. "chevy cavalier."

Wrong again. After the third failed try, my account was locked, so I had to call customer service. Bugger, bugger, bugger!

Would you like to hear the answer that I myself supplied to the question? You're not gonna believe this:

1984 Chevrolet Cavalier Station Wagon

What on earth was I thinking? (Or perhaps more accurately, how dumb can you get??)

Suddenly, I remembered that I had decided to be veeeeery specific, because, after all, we were dealing with my precious supersecret insurance records. Right.

Anyhow, I thought of this incident as I read this darn funny article today about just this situation.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Teriana |

    Ha! You're first car was only a year older than my first car and mine came 10 years later. Dad must have loved you more. Actually, I never pick my first car as a secret question 'cause I'm not really sure what it is. Dad bouhgt me a 1985 Chevy Cavalier, which thankfully died just after a week (aweful, aweful stick shift). So the car I consider my first was the first car I paid money on, a '91 Ford Explorer.

     
  2. Danielle/Brooke |

    That article was so funny. Similar situation happened when trying to get into my bank account it kept asking all these security questions that I had no idea what the answers were and didn't even remember picking these questions. It turns out my account was tagged for extra security and I had to call in to get it released, of course no where on the screen did it tell me that. I guess they figured it I got fed up with trying to answer these crazy questions I would give up and call. They were right!

     

Post a Comment