Mosquitoes and more

7

Written on Monday, May 26, 2008 by Jessica

Our house is infested with mosquitoes this year. We don't know where they're coming from. It's bad enough to prompt us to wear mosquito repellent indoors.

And poor Seth. He was eaten alive the night before last. I put him to sleep without any pants on. He hates sleeping in pants. I thought he was wearing repellent, but Bob had cleaned him up with a washcloth, so this means that I sent the child, half naked, into a cloud of mosquitoes to be chewed up and spit out.

Yesterday, in additional to all his mosquito bites, he got stung by a bee—to be more specific, probably by a hornet or yellowjacket (although yellowjackets are said to typically sting repeatedly, whereas this one stung once and tried to fly away). I feel terrible because I'd been on my cell phone and not watching him closely, even though he was standing right next to me. :(

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

7 Comments

  1. Christina |

    Poor little one!

     
  2. Sherri |

    Aww... poor little guy. :(

    That reminds me of the time we were attacked by yellow jackets by the river. Zachary was about 5, he must have been stung about 18 or 19 times.

     
  3. Jessica |

    Oh no! I guess I should be glad Seth was stung only once. Poor Zach.

    I've determined that it definitely wasn't a yellowjacket. They're too small.

     
  4. Z. Aguilar |

    poor baby!!

    :( well, make sure he doesn't scratch too much, you don't want his little mosquito bites to get infected.

    Poor Zach, my goodness!! My older brother got stung by bees when he was 10 or so. We all have big heads and his head got so big, he looked like Jack from the Jack in the box commercials.

    Z.

     
  5. Jessica |

    He swelled right up, did he? Awww. Seth was lucky there, too. He took a nap after the sting and by the time he woke up, it wasn't even swollen anymore.

     
  6. Jeanette |

    Your poor son!

    You might want to look into Eucalyptus Oil - it apparently has bug repelling properties.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus#Cultivation_and_uses

     
  7. Jessica |

    Thx for the tip. I don't like bathing him in chemicals all the time. Fortunately, the mosquitoes have eased up inside the house, although he still gets several bites a week from outdoor activities. I think he's developing a sensitivity to them, because each bite really swells up. :( Poor kid.

     

Post a Comment