Ticks

10

Written on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 by Jessica

I've mentioned before how much I like country music, especially because of all its redneck quirkiness. Even so, nothing could prepare me for Brad Paisley's latest.

Now, Brad has brought us funny greats like, "I'm Gonna Miss Her" (a song about an avid angler whose wife's ultimatum -- "it's either me or the fish" -- backfires on her) and, "Alcohol." I love Brad!

But this time, even I'm horrified:

You know every guy in here tonight
Would like to take you home,
But I've got way more class than them.
Babe, that ain't what I want.

'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight.
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks.
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers.
And I'd like to check you for ticks.
Dear god, what's country music coming to? Brad Paisley's latest song is, "I'd Like to Check You for Ticks." The worst part is, I know that there are Paisley fans everywhere who are saying, "Brad, you can check me for ticks anytime!"

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

10 Comments

  1. Sherri Sanders |

    This is the very reason why I hate country music! Perhaps some 'redneck woman' is, as I type this, out there getting scanned for ticks by her beloved. LOL!!

     
  2. Joanne |

    At first I was kind of turned off by it too but the more you listen, the tune is so catchy and fun that pretty soon you forget about the tick part.

     
  3. Jessica |

    I don't think my bug phobia will ever let me get past the tick part. Ugh. It is a pretty catchy tune, though.

     
  4. Christina |

    I second Sherri's thought....that is all a woman wants, to be checked for ticks!

     
  5. Anonymous |

    I wasn't going to comment on Country Music because Monkeyman TORTURES ME with it everytime I see him. He likes that raw country music...with that guy with the cowboy hat...and those two guys with beards...

    There is a song about a buy who thinks glass looks like a diamond ring...and that song by that guy, "I will love you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...." Yeah, cute! :(

    So I guess being checked for ticks is not as bad as having to listen to someone SINGING about it, know what I mean?

     
  6. Jessica |

    What? Monkeyman listens to country? Doesn't he know that California people don't listen to country music?

     
  7. Joanne |

    Ok-forget about ticks...how about Keith Urban's I Told You So?

     
  8. Anonymous |

    Jessica, Monkeyman is a Native Texan! From what I have heard *watch out, about to stereotype here* all Texans listen to country! *gasp*.

    Its not like us Californians, we are unique and very real. :). Afterall, we are known for fake boobs and I am not talking about breasts!!

    z.

    Z.

     
  9. Jessica |

    Nah. Except for his first big hit, I don't care much for Keith Urban. Are you a fan?

     
  10. Joanne |

    I like some-but not all of Keith Urban stuff.

    Ha ha ha...in California you have Ah-nold. ;-)

     

Post a Comment