I'm back

2

Written on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 by Jessica

I didn't even warn anyone that I was heading down to Indiana for my cousin's wedding. I'm back now, so posting shall resume.

Here's something I never knew before: There are no direct routes via expressway from my home in Michigan to Indianapolis. Yahoo maps suggested a lovely, roundabout route along Lake Michigan and through Gary, Indiana. (This time of year, "lovely" is sarcastic due to lake-effect snow.) Google maps suggested a much straighter inland route through Fort Wayne, which was unfortunately rendered impractical due to a stopover in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Baby's Daddy and I ended up driving a several hours down a divided highway complete with traffic lights and 35-mph speed zones. Not the best choice we ever made, but not the worst, either.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Unknown |

    Welcome back! And now I'm going to have the Gary Indiana song from The Music Man stuck in my head all day. Thank you ever so much.

     
  2. Jessica |

    Shana, you're ever so welcome.

    Actually, I guess I'm just ignorant, b/c I had to look that one up.

    Yikes, I just listened to a thirty-second clip on iTunes. I can see how a song like that could get suck in your head.

     

Post a Comment