Dreams

8

Written on Friday, January 05, 2007 by Jessica

My dreams often relate to the bad things that could happen to Seth. I've mentioned before that I dropped him when he was nine days old. I spent the rest of my maternity leave dreaming that he was falling. I'd wake up lunging for him. When the house was infested with earwigs and crickets, I would dream that he was covered with bugs.

Back in early December we were practicing sitting up, but at one point he tipped over and I failed to catch him. He didn't get hurt, but the face plant into the carpet scared him. Almost every night since then, I've been dreaming that he's tipping over, and again I wake up lunging to catch him.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

8 Comments

  1. Unknown |

    Every single time I was pregnant I had various dreams in which I was somehow a bad mother. I'm assuming it's completely normal for us resposible parents. :) Mine are all teenagers and I still have those dreams so hope can get used to them.

     
  2. Jessica |

    Lisa, I was afraid of that. :)

     
  3. Danielle/Brooke |

    My biggest fear was falling when I was holding him, I have a habit of turning my ankle alot. And at Christmas time my fear was realized. I fell on my way to Christmas Eve mass. I sacrificed my body to protect Tommy and bruised myself pretty good, but he as just fine and I think he actually thought it was fun. Since then I have not had another dream or even daydream about falling while holding him. However, Michael still worries about it.

     
  4. Valerie |

    Sorry I have been too busy to stay caught up with your blog, but I am at least checking it once in a while. Hope things turn around for you and you have much better thought and dreams in the new year!

     
  5. Anonymous |

    thats a lot to worry about Jessica. I have asked around and that worrying, like it was mentioned by everyone else, never goes away...NEVER!!
    Once Seth has his own family, you will be worrying about the grandkids..just something to think about...

    I love the new changes to your Blog, I love the name.

    Z.

     
  6. Jennifer |

    seth having his own family - what a thought. that's a long time from now, sort of...

     
  7. Jessica |

    No kidding. Brings to mind a famous quotation that I'm going to misquote: "Parenthood makes for long days and short years."

     
  8. Christina |

    Hi there,

    I just wanted to thank you for the add. It was so sweet of you and totally made my day.

    Remember that it is just a dream, you will be there to catch him.

     

Post a Comment