Is he The Antisleep?

3

Written on Friday, January 05, 2007 by Jessica

At 10:30 last night, I shattered the silence of the house. Don't ask me how the sound of my head hitting the pillow can shatter the silence, but it must have. How else would The Child be startled awake at just that moment? Waaaa!

Normally, he wakes twice a night to nurse. He couldn't be hungry yet, and sure enough, he wasn't. He was asleep again within moments of starting to nurse. After getting up with him a couple of more times before 1:00 AM, I began to give Ferberization serious consideration. But then the problem finally surfaced: BUUUUURRRRRRRP! After that, he slept like a grown-up. (Where did the phrase "slept like a baby" come from? Everyone knows that babies don't sleep...)

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous |

    Hi Jessica - Thanks for the tip about the link on my blog. I fixed it. I hope you get some sleep tonight! Take care!

     
  2. Joanne |

    Man I was just about to post that maybe there was a full moon last night since my son, who usually will only wake up once in the night to nurse, woke up at 12, 3, 6, and 7! He didn't nurse all those times but needed minor consoling to fall back out. So I am tired today and jealous that it was just a burp your little guy needed.

     
  3. Joanne |

    Hey-it's just me-"the perv" again. ;-) Anyway, I do exclusively breastfeed my son with the exception of the solids we've started. I hadn't noticed a decrease in supply...in fact, there was a period of about 2 weeks where he slept all night and my supply still seemed ok. I am sick of people telling me how much better he'll sleep now that he's eating solids. Sooo not true.

     

Post a Comment