Written on Friday, January 19, 2007 by Jessica
Four Jobs I Have Had in My Life
1. Potato farm. Grew up on a potato farm. Had to work on it. Every September was harvest, which I hated. The harvester is a noisy dirty machine. Dead potato vines would ball up and get caught in the chains. Grandpa referred to these vines as "beavers." The hired hands sniggered about this, but I was twelve, thirteen, fourteen years old and blissfully unaware of the connotation.
2. Worked a concession stand at Beaver Creek Resort. The name of this concession stand was -- not making it up -- the Beaver Hut. I was fifteen years old and still blissfully unaware of the connotation.
3. Taco Bell. Applied for the job b/c I had a crush on a guy working there. A few years later he came out of the closet, so I guess I never had much of a chance with him because he wasn't interested in beavers.
4. Math and English tutor in college. Our school mascot was a beaver. Home of the Fighting Beavers! Okay, I am making that one up.
Four Movies I Watch Over and Over
1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Star Wars
3. The Fifth Element
4. The Matrix
Four Places I Have Lived
I've only lived in Michigan. Here are four of the towns I've lived in.
2. Walloon Lake
4. Sault Ste. Marie
Four TV Shows I Love to Watch
1. My Name Is Earl
2. Dancing with the Stars (hate to admit it)
3. Prime Minister's Questions
4. Absolutely Fabulous
Four Places I Have Been on Vacation
1. Cedar Point, Ohio
3. Washington, D.C.
4. Frankfort, Mich.
Four of My Favorite Foods
1. Custard long johns
3. Chocolate chip cookie dough
4. Ice cream
I bet you thought I was going to list something gross like beaver chops.
Four Places I Would Like to Be Right Now
1. Home with Baby and Baby's Daddy
2. Someplace I've never been before
3. Washington, D.C. -- one of my favorite places
4. Anywhere but here (yes, I'm at work)